viernes, 12 de agosto de 2016

Frankenstein


Autor: Mary Shelley 
Género: Narrativa, novela, terror, ciencia ficción, gótico,                        drama
Mi puntuación: 🌟🌟🌟 (3 de 5)



Last October I decided to read a Horror book to enter in the Halloween mood. I don't tend to read this genre, so it was difficult to pick one. Finally, I read this story because it is a classic, and reading classics makes me feel important (?). 
It was not frightening at all. One of the movies is, but I don't remember which one. Instead, the book is a very good Drama, sad and dark and pitiful. And lovely in way I can't quite explain. The monster is captivating, he made me wanna be his friend because he's good, after all, that's his nature. I was expecting to finish the book with a feeling of gore and disgusted, but I ended up sorrowful. 
It's remarkable that the author is a woman. since it's a strong story, specially for the times when it was written and because she was only 18. :o
Victor is a little stupid, I'm sorry, so it seems he's been taken from reality. It made me believe for a moment that it might be posible for a scientist to create a monstrous life. I hope it never happens, not for our sake, but for the monster's. 



"I was benevolent and good; misery made me a fiend. Make me happy, and I shall again be virtuous"


Well, it was okay. Maybe it lacks some morbid details and action, I thought, as I already said, it would be more disturbing. But it's good, specially the Gothic side of it. 

“I am alone and miserable. Only someone as ugly as I am could love me.”

"A human being in perfection ought always to preserve a calm and peaceful mind and never to allow passion or a transitory desire to disturb his tranquility.”



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario