viernes, 5 de agosto de 2016

Dark Places




Autor: Gillian Flynn
Género: Narrativa, novela, drama, misterio, suspenso
Mi puntuación: 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟 (5 de 5)


This author is well known for writing dark and twisted stuff. Believe me, the title of the book makes sense. I don't want to say much about the plot, but it's a story that keeps you hooked, with a high level of mystery. 
Told from several points of view, you get to really live the crime and the days before it happened. At the beginning of the book we are warned by the author about what to expect from Libby, the main character and only survivor from the night when her two sisters and her mother were killed. She is kind of bad, wasted person, but I ended up being fond of her. She must have needed a lot of strength to live with the burden of being the only one left. 
Well, there's also her brother, in prison accused of being the killer.  The thing is, she's not sure about his guiltiness, even though she testified against him. Neither are we. We don't know anything, and when we think we know something, it' turns out to be a lie. 

This book is sick. You get inside a lot of people's heads, and those places aren't nice. But it's the truth, I think. The human mind presented in its most real and raw form. The writing is so precise that you almost see the morbid images as if it were a movie. 

I loved the book. It left me kind of stunned, but every page of it was perfect. I need to watch the movie, but maybe I'll be disappointed... 

1 comentario:

  1. I didn't know this book from Flynn. The only one I've heard of is 'Gone girl', a thriller I've been meaning to read for ages! Her writing seems to be really dark and creepy - and I like that! So glad you liked this story - and thanks for adding a new book to my wishlist xD
    Thanks for the review and the opportunity of answering in English xD (porque podría haberlo hecho en español jaja)

    Anto - http://viajando-entrelineas.blogspot.com.ar/

    ResponderEliminar